Saturday, March 5, 2011

Coronation Celebration


January 22, 2011
Coronation Time!!!
After I made it home from Denver and spent the weekend with my family for my grandma’s services, I was looking forward to my coronation the next Saturday. My mom, my dad and I had been working very hard to iron out all the details and get everything in order for the night. I had so many friends and family that were so helpful in having everything come together! There were many donations for my account and items for the live and silent auction. I was absolutely amazing and felt so blessed with the way people were coming together to help me.
Myself and the Mr. Rodeo Iowa Contestants
So it was finally Saturday, the big day had come! Thankfully the weather was wonderful! Yes it was cold, but hey it was January in Iowa, what can we expect? We got the ballroom at the Dubuque Co Fairgrounds all decorated and started to cook the food. When we felt things had been in order my Mom and I went home to get ready. When we returned to the fairgrounds I was excited to see some visiting royalty. Miss Teen Rodeo Iowa 2010, Hannah Hilsabeck was there along with Miss Rodeo Lenox, Kayla Barber and a few others. Miss Rodeo Iowa 2010, Jordanne Blair and Miss Teen Rodeo Iowa 2011 Charity Howk came a little later to help with the event. We had a fabulous turnout for auction items and even better turn out of guests.
Miss Rodeo Iowa 2010 Jordanne Blair & Myself
One of the fundraisers I did throughout the evening was a Mr. Rodeo Iowa mini pageant. I had my brother Corey, neighbor and “queen coach” Will and family friend Wade as participants. They had a lot of fun with it; showing of their modeling skills, horsemanship and impromptu question. At the end we crowned my brother Corey as the new Mr. Rodeo Iowa. Throughout the night I had the wonderful Kimber Dall MC for event. She did a great job helping everything flow and entertaining the crowd in between events. After dinner was over Jordanne officially crowned me as Miss Rodeo Iowa 2011. It was a great feeling to have Jordanne pass the crown down to me. She had done a fabulous job in 2010 and set up an exciting year for me. After the coronation we started with the live auction. The visiting royalty helped display the items and family friend Jesse Meyer was the auctioneer.
My wonderful parents Jim and Mary
Overall the event was a huge success. I am so blessed to have had the turn out I did and all the support and love behind me. Because of this event I will be able to travel not only the state of Iowa but the country representing our great state, the sport of professional rodeo and my generous sponsors. I am looking forward to the very exciting year I have a head of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment