Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tea Party


On April 9th I headed down to Ft. Madison for my very first Tea Party! It was kind of funny and the joke that at the age of 23 I was finally going to my first tea party. The party is an annual event put on by the Fort Madison Soroptomist group. They do this for young girls and hold two age groups. The first one was 3 to 5 and the other group was 6 and older. The little girls had a great event set up for them. There were about 7 or 8 older girls that dressed up as the Disney princesses such as Bell, Snow White and Cinderella. The girls were greeted at the door, checked in and came and got a picture with all of us princesses and queens. Once they had their picture taken they went to stations where they could make a crown for themselves, a magic wand and face painting. After the girls checked in they were allowed in the other room to their tables. The tables and room were so wonderfully decorated with princess things. The tables had crown cookies and lemonade for the girls and their adults.

When all the girls were settled I spoke to the group about what I do as Miss Rodeo Iowa, rodeo, horses and anything else they asked me. It was so cute what some of the little girls were asking me. They asked me my horse’s name, why I wear boots and more questions like that. After I spoke they had the Fort Madison high school cheer leaders do a few routines for the girls. The girls were then open to visit with us princesses and queens, get autographs and take some pictures. Over all it was a great day and wonderful experience! I had so much fun with the girls and got to let my girly side out!


Enjoy the spring weather and let’s hope for a little more warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment