Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August

August started off right from the get go! I was gone Monday August 1st and headed to Sidney, Iowa. I was arrived that night at my wonderful host home with Gloria and got settled in for my full day I had coming up. The next morning I was needed right away to start judging their queen competition. We started the morning with interviews. I had two wonderful gentlemen with me to help judge; they even had me sit across the table and helped me with my interview skills.  
Me with the contestants and Miss Sidney Iowa Rodeo
After we had a wonderful potluck lunch we started in with the modeling and speeches. The three constants they had did such a great job! In the afternoon there was a parade around the town square. It was a very short ride around the circle but I was ok with that being it was very VERY hot outside!
When we finished the parade we went back to the rodeo grounds to start the horsemanship portion of the competition. After we had watched all three girls ride and tallied up the scores and the category winners were announced. April Brown had won the title and did a fabulous job competing.  April and I got ready for the rodeo that night. We rode in the grand entry, did a queen run and helped chase out cattle. The arena in Sidney is huge! Our horses got a good work out that night! After the rodeo I headed home right away, I could feel myself starting to get sick. I woke up the next day to help April get ready for her photos as the new Miss Sidney Iowa Rodeo. I was glad that I didn’t have much to do that day because I was right about being sick; I was getting a terrible head cold that knocked me out! I tired resting up the rest of the day and got some medicine that helped a LOT! I was ready for the rodeo that night!
The winner of Mutton Bustin giving the rodeo queen a kiss
It had cooled down a lot so the night was wonderful. I had a great time in Sidney but was leaving the next day to head home to be with my family and a wedding that weekend. The next Wednesday I had a photo shoot for next queen pictures! I was so happy how they had turned out! I can’t wait to see my Vegas ad all put together! My next adventure was off to Iowa State fair! I helped out with the Iowa Horse Council booth during the day Friday. 
They had such wonderful information about horses and horse activities in Iowa. I had a lot of people stop and check out the booth which was wonderful to see. Later that night I was riding in the Cowgirl Queen contest carrying the American flag. I had a great time being introduced and helping with the contest. I was able to watch some friends compete including Charity Howk, Miss Teen Rodeo Iowa. They all did such a great job! The next day is something I was looking forward to for months! I would be showing in the Governor Charity Steer Show! I was showing a steer from Northwest Iowa. It was a great family I was working with and Catherine Punt was the owner of the steer. So was so proud of KaBOOM, her steer. We got him all prepped for the show and we headed in the ring. I had a lot of fun; the crowd was amazing!
So many people were there to support us all. PRCA calf roper from Iowa Billy Huber ending up winning the People’s Choice Award which was well deserved! He had the crowd going with his great rope tricks; including roping the judge!!! After heading back home I had one more event to do. I was speaking at the Anamosa Rotary club. I had a good time having breakfast with the group and being able to tell them about the Miss Rodeo Iowa program and what I do. 
My friend Kelsee and me
They were a great group of people. I had the rest of the week off from queen duties and actually the rest of the month as well! Even though I won’t be traveling I am staying very busy getting ready for the next Miss Rodeo Iowa pageant and for Las Vegas. I’m happy about the time off though, catching up is always a good thing! Next I will be off to Dayton to help with promotion for their rodeo. Stay tuned for updates after that rodeo! Keep Smiling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment